Friday, May 12, 2006

I can last for some months on a single compliment...

When I recently off on ACC for some time, I worked (unpaid) for a number of community groups.

I always figured, if you were not working, this is the sort of thing you should do- besides that, I like to keep busy.

One of my jobs was random task person for the local playcentre. I put up shelves, quake-proofed, fixed toys, mowed lawns and so on, for about six hours a week. I popped in today, being on afternoon shifts and they presented me with a certificate and gift voucher for my work!

That's more thanks than I have got in many a job I have had.

At the risk of sounding a bit corny, I feel that if the community is paying you, you should do what you can to repay them.

It's more rewarding than sitting on your arse watching SKY...

No comments: