Friday, July 07, 2006

A Toast!

To all the roadworkers, linesmen, farmers, plumbers, drainage crews, policemen, firemen, ambulance officers and other working blokes & women who have to get out and do their jobs in whatever crap the weather gods throw at us!

My first glass of tonight I raise to YOU- you who are out there working for wages many city-dwellers would sneer at. Out there in the dark, wet and hands hurting from the cold, fixing something that others need. Freezing rain in your eyes and gumboots full of water.

You are the real New Zealand and I salute you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend.
In my working life, I held down two of those positions for years each, and fenced for another of them!
[I forgot to count how many occupations you covered, but three of them must be a reasonable percentage]