Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life...

One feature of a long and *interesting* life is that you get to see it all.

You see that generalizations tend to fit and that there are exceptions to EVERYTHING.

(Although exceptions are like rocking horse shit)

I have met teenage parents that are exemplary parents. Most shouldn't be permitted to raise houseplants.

I have met forty-something parents that couldn't raise a flag.

I have seen parents that did it all 'by the book'. Their kids were arseholes who needed euthanasia.

I have seen parents that had ALL the odds against them. They did what they could and their kids grew up fine. Their best was enough.

I saw others that didn't give a shit and their kids grew up fine anyway.

What can you do but your best?

Your best usually works.

Not trying usually doesn't.

No comments: