Friday, July 17, 2009

The five minute blogger

Contrary to what some might think, not all of us spend a lot of time blogging.

Most of my posts take less than five minutes once I pick a subject.

I make nothing out of this, nor do I have much spare time, so I don't spend hours working on posts.

I never wanted to be or pretended to be some kind of journo. For the most part I'm a commentator and this is what the MSM are not getting.

Most bloggers are commentators not reporters. The two can actually be symbiotic- I can see a day soon when a reporter posts a story along with links to bloggers on all sides of the spectrum who give commentary on the issue.

As was said by Cactus Kate, "...intelligent readers simply read one angle on an issue then go to another blogger who has the opposing angle and then can make up their own minds..."

And a couple of hundred intelligent readers find their way here each day ;-)

No comments: