Saturday, November 12, 2011

"The Wellington Regional Amenities Fund has gained the support of most Masterton District councillors, who say public need to be better educated to make an informed decision. (link: http://www.times-age.co.nz/news/councillors-back-regional-events-fund/1171292/)
The proposal asks councils in the Wellington region to contribute to a pool of $2 million to fund regional events and attractions that are significant or beneficial to the region..."



I will tell you who needs to be educated.


The fuckwit councillors, who have a history of being incapable of providing basic council services. When they can get the basics of water, waste and roads right, they might look at other services. Personally, I doubt they could do anything more demanding than running a jumble sale.


What business do they have promoting events?-  leave that to the professionals- the ones who stand to gain from running these events. They have the proper motivation.


Councils can't even keep their public toilets clean...

5 comments:

Johnboy said...

Just got a letter from the Hutt Council. They want to come and inspect my septic.

I don't have to be available and "No system checks" will be required.

Bit pissed off really. Only to happy to take the lid off and stand behind the inspector as he bends over to look in!

KG said...

Ain't it fun, playing with ratepayer's hard-earned money.....

Anonymous said...

To their credit Lower Hutt send me regular letters about noxious weeds they want to spray. I had a small tree with nice yellow flowers I was pruning to shape but now know to dig it out because its nasty. I never let them on the property though - I'll do my own weed killing rather than risk unknowns with poisons among my plants.

Mort said...

I've had 2 properties get demands of the sorts that you mention. Both of which I followed, but the last demand, I replied to them that I would be happy to clear the old man's beard on my property, just as soon as the reserve next door had had its cleared (the damn roots of the old man's beard were clearly on the reserves soil....)

MathewK said...

I wouldn't trust some of these types with running a jumble sale, unless they're selling their own crap. I'm sure a few things will disappear into their pockets.